Question – What’s the most popular word in American culture right now?
Answer – My guess is “busy”. It’s a well-used word, right? I’m so busy. We’re so busy. My kids are so busy. I’m too busy to exercise…cook…clean the house…you name it! Believe me, I get it. As a mom, a small business owner, an athlete, and a bunch of other things I can’t remember right now…I’m busy too. But, when it comes to food, I feel very strongly that we should not be too busy to put a high quality meal on the table. Food is our energy source, our insurance plan against disease, our creative outlet and the opportunity to connect with our friends and family (everyone’s gotta eat, right?). So, I get very excited when I find recipes that combine awesome taste with quality ingredients with quick prep and speedy clean-up. If you’re in need of a dish that does all that, here you go!
One-Pan Dinner – Mediterranean Shrimp
- 4 or 5 medium sized Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled and sliced ½-inch thick
- 2 fennel bulbs, stalks discarded, bulbs halved lengthwise and cut into 1-inch-thick wedges through stem end
- 2 large shallots, top and bottom cut off, sliced lengthwise into 1-inch-thick wedges
- 2 garlic cloves smashed and cut in half
- ½ cup pitted kalamata olives, halved
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided, plus extra for drizzling
- Salt and pepper
- 1 to 2 pounds large or jumbo shrimp, peeled, deveined (if desired), and tails removed
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest, plus lemon wedges for serving
- 4 ounces feta cheese, crumbled (1 cup)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Adjust oven rack to lower-middle position and heat oven to 450F degrees. Toss potatoes, fennel, shallots, garlic, kalamata olives, and 2 tablespoons of the oil, 1 teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper together in a bowl. Spread vegetables in single layer on rimmed baking sheet and roast until just tender, about 25 minutes.
- Pat shrimp dry with paper towels. Toss shrimp, oregano, lemon zest, remaining 1 tablespoon oil, ½ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper together in bowl.
- Scatter shrimp and feta over top of roasted veggies and olives. Return to oven and roast until shrimp are cooked through, 6 to 8 minutes.
- Sprinkle parsley over top and drizzle extra oil.
- Serve with lemon wedges.
Adapted from Cook’s Country